Monday, December 13, 2010

...Will Eventually Land - Hard.


So we're finally back from Utah, with all bones and limbs intact! The bruises however are another matter altogether...
Things I Learned:
1) People in Utah take their skiing very seriously. There's nothing like having a train of four-year-olds zip by you on a blue slope to make you feel suicidal.
2) The words "Blue Slope" mean totally different things in California and Utah.
3) Good Mormons go to church on Sundays, and Salt Lake City is full of good Mormons, so if you find yourself with a weekend to go skiing, don't go on Saturday.
4) Three Days is as long a time as anyone ever needs to spend in Salt Lake City.
5) There are no brown people in Alta
6) In spite of this, there is a weird Indianness in Utahn food, we were fed chicken curries, vegetable curries, and worst of all, curry soup. 
6) If I try to get the TSA to hand check my undeveloped film, they will interpret that as a confession, and will rub me down (in public) for explosives*
7) If you are Rick however, they will let you get on the plane with a corkscrew and a bagful of unidentified gel. Go figure.


*So I have a question, if I had handled explosives, wouldn't it be worthwhile to at least check my hands instead of wiping down my clothes which surely I would have been smart enough to have changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment